We are blessed with a thriving, active community of young singers at Nassau Presbyterian, ages four through high school. By engaging with choral repertoire including music from around the world, and traditional hymns and songs from our faith, children and youth develop their musicianship skills and faithful service as leaders in worship. Our focus is on singing and instrument playing as an act of praise with gratitude for all that God has given us!
All choirs lead worship and special services throughout the year, September through May. These experiences deepen our faith as we remember years later the words of our song, and the joyful community we share together.
All children and youth are welcome – I hope you’ll join us!
Director, Choirs for Children & Youth
- Pre-kindergarten to kindergarten
- Rehearsals are Wednesdays from 4:15 to 5:00 PM (full schedule, pdf)
Joyful Noise is a preparatory group where children can find the singing voice, increase vocal range, learn to match pitch, and enjoy simple instrumental play and movement.
- Grades 1 to 2
- Wednesdays from 4:15 to 5:00 PM (full schedule, pdf)
In Carol Choir children begin regular participation in worship as they expand their musical skills. They continue to improvise on instruments, explore movement and use hand signals to learn sight-singing.
- Grades 3 to 5
- Wednesdays from 5:15 to 6:00 PM (full schedule, pdf)
Choir 3-4-5 offers more challenging work for growing musicians as their voices and ability develop. Choristers enjoy hymn study and music theory and continue movement and instrumental play.
Wednesdays at Nassau are more than just choir rehearsals.
Learn about our Bible study for parents, childcare for the young ones, and activities for older children under Partnering with Parents.
Middle School Choir
- Grades 6 to 8
- Sundays from 6:40 to 7:30 PM (full schedule, pdf)
Middle school singers rehearse in sectionals and in ensemble. Along with vocal training and anthem preparation, these young musicians study hymns and further their sight-singing ability.
- Grades 9 to 12
- Sundays from 5:00 to 6:00 PM (full schedule, pdf)
As in all of our choirs, the choristers in Cantorei commit themselves thoroughly to the ensemble and work on a challenging and diverse repertoire. Section leaders and a librarian provide leadership for the group.
- Regular performances in worship services (for details see each choir’s “full schedule”)
- Christmas Pageant
- Special services like Christmas Eve (with alumni), Youth Sunday, and Good Friday
- Special performances, including full-scale productions, performances for conferences, and joint performances with local churches as well as musical groups like the American Boychoir, Princeton Pro Musica, Trenton Children’s Chorus, and Philadelphia’s Singing City
- Performances of commissioned pieces, including by composers Daniel Gawthrop and David Brubeck
- Recordings like Glory to God: Hymns and Songs for Children and Families (Singing Faith—All Day Long), Wings of Faith, and more
See our upcoming concerts in the Music and Arts Season.
Our youth choir alumni are invited to sing every year in the 7:00 p.m. Christmas Eve service. Join the Youth Choir Alumni email list to receive rehearsal and performance details.
We also invite you to follow the Nassau Youth Choir Alumni Facebook page.