Nassau is invited to join our siblings at Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church (WSPC) for worship and study. Find information below for upcoming events, and contact Phyllis Rich for zoom links.
Streaming Worship Service
Sunday, October 4 at 10:00 a.m.
This service can be viewed online.
October 5-9 at 7:00 a.m.
Each morning (Monday through Friday) WSPC will come together for daily morning prayers.
Mid-Week Prayer / Devotional Bible Study
Wednesday, October 7, at 12:30 p.m.
We will welcome the Reverend Dr. Joseph Scrivner, the Pastor of Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church, and the Dean of Chapel of Stillman College to lead our Bible study and discussion on “Seeing Creation.” We will consider the importance of a close reading of the text and what we see with our mind’s eye when we read the Bible. I am excited to welcome Dr. Scrivner to lead this study. He earned his Ph.D. in Old Testament from Princeton Theological Seminary (and is also my brother-in-law)!
Please invite a friend and read the scriptures below in preparation:
- Read Genesis 1:6-8 – Where is water in relation to the sky? Is it above, below, or both?
- Read Genesis 1:14-19 – Where are stars in relation to the sky?
- Read Genesis 7:11 – From where does the water come down to the earth, through what?
- Read Joshua 10:6-14 – What does the sun do to help Israel win the battle? What does this say about the sun in relation to the earth?
- Read Job 37:18 – Is the sky solid or hard?
- Read Job 38:4-7 – What holds up the earth? Does this imply that the earth is stationary?
- Read Psalm 104:1-4 – How did God stretch out heavens? Where did God place his beams?
- Read Psalm 148:1-4. In verse 4, where is the water?
Adult Bible Study
Saturday, October 10, at 10:00 a.m.
This summer the Saturday Bible Study at Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church will be studying scripture based on the Presbyterian Mission’s Matthew 25 Bible Study (pdf).
Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church
112 Witherspoon Church
Princeton, NJ 08542
(609) 924-1666 – church office