Glory to God—Hymns and Songs for Children and Families (a.k.a. Singing Faith All Day Long) (2016) is a recording created to help families share songs of the Christian faith. Based on our new hymnal, Glory to God, this project is a collaboration between Nassau’s Worship and Arts Committee and Presbyterian Publishing Corporation.
Available for purchase in the Church Office.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the Frances Clark Fund for Music.
Singing Faith All Day Long
Glory to God—Hymns and Songs for Children and Families was created to help people share songs of the Christian faith with children. The variety of music, lyrics, prayers, and poems form a soundtrack for children to know themselves as God’s children. These 19 songs and four prayers were taken from the Glory to God hymnal and adapted for children by professional musicians, creating a high-quality complement to the hymnal.
This recording was created for families to share songs of the Christian faith in a natural, everyday kind of way. The variety of music, lyrics, prayers, and poems weave a soundtrack to live by — all day long! Parents and grandparents, enjoy these songs with your child as you honor your role as faith mentor.
Made for Children and Adults
- Children appreciate the beautiful, simple, common, and sacred.
- Songs of faith and hymns children learn in childhood lead them to lives of service and discipleship.
- Children remember particularly what they learn through music and poetry.
- The songs can be enjoyed by all generations together.
- Young children love to listen to and sing with their special adults.
More than a CD
- Sing along or listen to them at home, in the car, with family and friends.
- Play the recordings at the four parts of the day: morning, mid-day, evening/suppertime, and night/bedtime.
- As you and your child get to know the pieces, sing or say them as they occur to you during the day.
- Create your own prayers and songs with your child.
- Include the calm pieces in your child’s (or your) bedtime routine.
- Encourage the use of these recordings at events in your congregation like church school classes, children’s choirs, all-church events.
|Track||Title||Glory to God|
|1||Come into God’s Presence||413|
|2||Spoken Good Morning Prayer|
|3||God Is Here Today||411|
|4||Lord of All Hopefulness (verse 1)||683|
|5||Spoken Verse: For the Beauty of the Earth||14|
|6||God of Great and God of Small||19|
|7||Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow||608, 607, 605, 609|
|8||Spoken Mid-Day Prayer|
|9||I’m Gonna Live So God Can Use Me||700|
|10||Lord of All Eagerness (verse 2)||683|
|11||Holy Manna (tune only)||24, 396, 509|
|12||Jesus Loves Me!||188|
|13||Listen to the Word/Yisrael V’oraita||455, 453|
|14||God Is So Good/Know That God Is Good||658, 659|
|15||May the God of Hope Go with Us||765|
|16||Lord of All Kindliness (verse 3)||683|
|17||Spoken Table Blessing|
|18||Taste and See||520|
|19||Spoken Verse: All God’s Children/Be Still and Know that I am God||414|
|20||Picardy (tune only)||274, 347|
|21||Lord of All Gentleness (verse 4)||683|
|22||Spoken Evening Prayer|
|23||God, Be the Love to Search and Keep Me||543|
Track-by-Track Suggestions for Use
Incorporate songs into your daily life — “Suggestions for Parents and Families” (pdf).
For Pastors and Worship Leaders
Incorporate songs into your worship — “Suggestions for Pastors and Worship Leaders” (pdf).
For Christian Educators
Incorporate songs into your classroom — “Suggestions for Church School Teachers” (pdf).
This resource is best used to support your classroom experiences as a meaningful supplement to your lesson planning. Use these pieces as familiar friends in your classroom. As the children come to know them, you will learn to make them your own.