Become a Member — Our next Inquirers Classes will be held this fall, Sundays, 9:30 – 10:30 AM in our Conference Room (first floor). Dates tbd.
To be Presbyterian is to join a way of life informed by a sacred rhythm: God calls us in grace and love; we respond in gratitude. Come explore church membership in-person Sundays March 5 & 12, 2023, 9:30 – 10:30 AM in our Conference Room (first floor). Classes are open to anyone wanting to discover more about our church and are required for those who wish to become church members. Your presence means everything to us!
Explore the meaning of Christian faith, church membership, and the foundations of the Presbyterian Church (USA) in our next Inquirers Class. Inquirers Class is open to anyone wanting to discover more about our church and is required for those who wish to become church members.
Led by our Membership Committee, you will discover opportunities for spiritual growth, service, outreach, and fellowship. You will also learn about the worship, sacraments, theology, and programs of Nassau Church. Participants will have an opportunity to meet new friends, church leaders, and staff.
- Our classes include: Growing in Faith, Being Presbyterian, Reformed Worship, Life at Nassau, Worship & the Arts, Small Groups, The Vocation of Membership, Mission & Outreach, and Stewardship.
For more information and to register contact the Rev. Lauren McFeaters (Email Lauren McFeaters, 609-924-0103 x102)
Whether joining by profession of faith, re-affirmation of faith, or letter of transfer, you are asked to affirm your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. What that affirmation means for your life will be discovered as you give yourself to the ministry and mission of this local congregation.
Our Book of Order states that, “A faithful member accepts Christ’s call to be involved responsibly in the ministry of his church.” Such involvement includes:
- proclaiming the good news
- taking part in the common life and worship of a particular church
- praying and studying Scripture and the faith of the Christian church
- supporting the work of the church through the giving of money, time and talents
- participating in the governing responsibilities of the church
- demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the church
- responding to God’s activity in the world through service to others
- living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural, and social relationships of life, and working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment.
For further reading, take a look at Presbyterian 101
Life @ Nassau – Mission Edition
Nassau’s Mission & Outreach Committee invests in partnerships to demonstrate God’s love through service and engagement with the world. Like the young child in John 6, we offer what we haven and trust that Jesus will multiply our resources until all are fed and creation is repaired.
Arm in Arm
Capital Harmony Works
Churches for Middle East Peace
Friends for Health in Haiti
Housing Initiatives of Princeton
Interfaith Stitchers for Peace
Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund
Mass Incarceration Task Force
PC(USA) Mission Co-Workers
Paul Robeson House
Princeton Community Housing
Princeton Theological Seminary
Villages in Partnership
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Trenton
Witherspoon Street Presbyterian Church, Princeton
Woman, Cradle of Abundance
Trenton Area Soup Kitchen
UKirk Collegiate Ministries
Young Adult Volunteers
Explore Nassau’s mission and outreach here Mission & Outreach 2022-23
How do you experience Christian community? And how do you put your faith into action? Hear from some of the members of Nassau Presbyterian Church and be inspired to share your story.