Snapshots from NorthBay, ASP, & Beyond
We all need some adventure. It’s necessary to get out of our routines and get some perspective on life. Over the years, trips to places like Appalachia, Montreat in North Carolina, or Young Life’s Beyond Malibu in the wilds of Canada have changed lives, refreshed spirits, and made us grow in ways we could have never imagined.
God promises to find us. Let’s get lost together.
Where Will You Go Next? 2019
NorthBay and Appalachia Service Project (pdf) – due Sunday, February 3, 2019
Taizé Community (pdf) – due Sunday, January 6, 2019
- Registration opens Sunday, November 18, 2018
- Limited spaces available
- Scholarships may be available (contact Mark Edwards for more information)
Contact Lauren Yeh (x106, email@example.com) with questions about registration or forms.
Contact Mark Edwards (609-933-7599, firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the trip.
Click each logo below to read more about the programs from the host sites.
Permission and Release Forms are now available for each trip – click on the Forms link under each trip for instructions and PDFs.
- On the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland – trip fee $400
- For Middle School (rising 7th to 9th grade)
- Thursday, June 27, to Monday, July 1
Everything you’ve heard about Young Life camping is absolutely true: you’ll play crazy games, try new things, eat delicious food and spend time making memories with your friends and Young Life leaders from home!
With an excellent program, superb facilities and exciting activities like sailing, tubing, climbing wall, and ropes course, the experience is 100 percent Young Life. You’d better believe you’re in for One Amazing Week!
- Traveling by van to West Virginia – trip fee $400
- For ages 14 and up (at the time of travel)
- Sunday, July 7, to Saturday, July 13
Warmer. Safer. Drier. Inspire hope through home repair in Central Appalachia.
“For we are God’s building project, crafted with a speed square in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand to be our way of life.” Ephesians 2:10 (Mark E. translation)
- Download the Trip Flyer – Taize 2019 (pdf) with proposed itinerary
- For ages 15 and up (very limited number of adult spots)
- Trip fee, land only – $500 youth; $600 adults
- Passport required, flights in/out of Paris Orly Airport
- Wednesday, July 17, to Monday, July 29
From its beginning the community has been inspired by two aims: to live in communion with God through prayer and to be a leaven of peace and trust in the midst of the human family.
A stay at Taizé is an opportunity to seek communion with God in prayer, singing, silence and reflection. It can be possible to rediscover an inner peace, a meaning to life and a new impetus.
Experiencing a simple life shared with others reminds us that daily life is the place where Christ is waiting for us.
Still wondering what it would be like? Watch the video:
Read about past summer trips.